Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome to Cake Eaters!

Hi everyone! I am new to this blogging world sooo.....bare with me.

To "kick off" (this can also be in reference to the NFL starting up tonight...goodbye husband on Monday nights!) I made a chocolate cake with fluffy buttercream icing and a dulce de leche filling. It was super yummy! And if it doesn't leave my house soon I will have gained an extra 10 pounds....seriously.


I needed to try this new technique for a cake I'm doing in a few weeks so I thought this would be the perfect time to practice. I'm pretty sure everyone is calling this the petal effect. I'm kind of in love with it. Simple yet differently beautiful...and imagine it with a sugar paste flower one top! OK, enough of this...let's get to the good stuff.



I know what you're thinking...That piece of cake on the plate doesn't match up to the size that was taken out of the cake. Yep, because I made this cake last night and couldn't wait until today to eat a piece. The piece that was on that plate is already eaten as well. Aaanndd....another piece might be calling my name right now. I told you this cake has to go!


4 comments:

  1. i also agree, love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is awesome! i am adding you to my favorites. I am your new stalker. :)

    ReplyDelete