Thursday, September 29, 2011

Toilets are not so easy to make out of cake

So...I made a toilet out of cake and it went a little something like this.

I prepared until I could not prepare anymore because I knew this would be stressful if I wasn't prepared. I  made two batches of fondant, I made the handle, I made the toilet paper roll, and I had the cake board all ready. I started to assembly the cake on Thursday because they needed the cake at 1:00PM the next day. By naptime Thursday I had the toilet bowl shaped...I thought I was doing good.

Then it seemed like one thing after the other went wrong! The fondant I made was WAY too dry so I was going to have to make more (remember I made 2 batches of this!). Fondant needs time to sit so it was already after dinner and I was pushing it for time. I wanted to be done with this cake so I could start on the 3 sheet cakes that were needed for the weekend and a two tier cake! I made another batch of fondant and added less sugar...dud! So at 10:00PM I sent my happy husband to the store for the stuff to make marshmallow fondant. Made it...then let it sit for an hour. This made for very soft fondant! I had issue after issue but at 5:00AM I was happy with what I had....

Behold...an ediable crapper!

Here it is with fake doodie
(I know these pictures are horrible but by the time the cake is finished I just want it out of my sight:))

On the toilet paper roll I wrote Happy Birthday and then on the lid they wanted something to the effect...everything turns to "fill in the blank" after 50!

Turns out they loved the cake!



We also celebrated Michael's grandma's 90th birthday over the weekend! Happy Birthday Grandma Wilma!

We had a wonderful time spending the whole weekend with family. That's what those 3 sheet cakes were for and this two tier cake. It's another awful picture but the only picture I took of it was with my phone...oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment